Boilers from Help-link - too good to be true or good deal???

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ClareRedfern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Boilers from Help-link - too good to be true or good deal???

Post by ClareRedfern » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:18 am

I’m starting to get quite a few enquiries regarding the help-link advert – buy a boiler for £17pm including service contract – on the face of it sounds like a good deal, and for those who don’t qualify for a grant, don’t have any savings and have no heating possibly the only option – however I can’t see their terms on the website – for example if you get a 10 year warranty at £17pm that totals £2040 – not bad in comparison to boiler quotes from some organisations – but does that include a full system including new radiators? TRVs etc and if the boiler does break within the 10 years will you get a replacement without having to take out a new 10 year contract? What happens if you sell your house do you have to sell the contract on or are you still liable?

http://www.help-link.co.uk/boilers/new-boilers.php?a=uk

Does anyone have any experience with this company?

You know when something sounds too good to be true? :?

Richard Asher
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Boilers from Help-link - too good to be true or good dea

Post by Richard Asher » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 am

Hi Clare,

I think it's very unlikley to include the rads etc or labour. I suspect that it is the purchase of the boiler only but the best way to find out is to call them and discuss it.

regards

Richard

Return to “Energy Efficiency Advice”